[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #44987] History for Question about mask_grid in pb2nc

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Mar 7 13:49:01 MST 2011

I need clarification on the usage of mask_grid in the pb2nc configuration file.  If I specify a pre-defined NCEP grid with the mask_grid parameter, does pb2nc simply retain all observations which occur inside the grid boundaries, or does it interpolate the data to the actual grid points?  I'm thinking it's the former, but just want to verify this with you guys.

Thanks,
- Tom

Thomas Cram
NCAR / CISL / DSS