[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #48001] History for met

RAL HelpDesk {for Paul Oldenburg} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 22 13:50:09 MDT 2011

I attended the MET tutorial recently… came back to my work and tried using it… For starters I tried to use bufr files in prepbufr… and I tried metars in prepbufr… neither worked. Do You have any secrets you can share?… Here is the error message for both instances:

***********BUFR ARCHIVE LIBRARY ABORT**************
 BUFRLIB: OPENBF - FIRST 4 BYTES READ FROM RECORD IN INPUT FILE CONNECTED TO UNIT  11 NOT 'BUFR', DOES NOT CONTAIN BUFR DATA
 ***********BUFR ARCHIVE LIBRARY ABORT**************

Thanks for your help
Scott Gregory