[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #42940] History for Users guide and mapping question

RAL HelpDesk {for Paul Oldenburg} met_help at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 20 12:17:31 MST 2011

Hi-
The users guide (MetV3.0) lists the columns that are output by MODE.
There is a discrepancy both in the column numbering and the fields that
are in the file (Table 6-3). Column 29 does indeed have curvature but
then 30-32 is supposed to have curvature_x and curvature_y (should be
30-31).

 In my output, there are three fields between the areas and the the
intensities (there should be 4 according to the table: the 3 curvatures
and the complexity). Perhaps complexity has been left out?

Unrelated to the users guide:
I have grib files which have been subsetted from a CONUS-wide domain run
by CAPS for the Hazardous Weather Testbed. I am not too familiar with
grib and its intracacies, so have been converting the grib files to
netcdf. However, my mapping information is not being conveyed properly
to mode.
Can I use a grib file that contains 30 forecast hours in MODE?
I assume that by doing so, the mapping information will be available.

Thanks.
James Correia Jr
OU CIMMS Research Associate
SPC HWT Liaison