[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #41070] History for Need help to run Point-stat tool

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:52:22 MST 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,
                         I (Kiran Prasad S) am a researcher at Centre for
Atmospheric Sciences, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, want to use
MET V2.0 to verify my WRF forecasts. I am able to run pb2nc successfully and
now i have a problem in running Point-stat tool. I have the following error
being displayed when I run the point -stat tool.

GSL_RNG_TYPE=mt19937
GSL_RNG_SEED=558799692
Forecast File:
/user1/kiran/trunk/dat_dir/ob/2009051200/2009051012-TS-CNTL3km-diagnosis
Climatology File: none
Configuration File:
/user1/kiran/kmet/METv2.0/data/config/PointStatConfig_default
Observation File: /user1/kiran/kmet/METv2.0/out/pb2nc/storm.nc

Reading records for SPFH/P500.
For SPFH/P500 found 1 forecast levels and 0 climatology levels.

Reading records for TMP/P500.
For TMP/P500 found 1 forecast levels and 0 climatology levels.

Reading records for HGT/P500.
For HGT/P500 found 1 forecast levels and 0 climatology levels.

Reading records for UGRD/P500.
For UGRD/P500 found 1 forecast levels and 0 climatology levels.

*ERROR: is_grid_relative() -> Unsupported grid type value: *

Kindly assist me in this regard.

With best regards,
Kiran

--