[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #42082] History for MODE for METv3.0, variables to verify

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:50:16 MST 2011

I am a frequent user of METv2.0 and am working on switching to v3.0.  I
mostly use pcp_combine and MODE.  I noticed a significant change to how MODE
is run in terms of how to specify which variables to verify in the config
file.  For version 2.0, I used APCP/A6 or NCPCP/A1 to verify 6 hour total or
1 hour non-convective precipitation accumulation, respectively, for example,
having used pcp_combine on some GRIB files to get the desired accumulation
interval in netCDF format.  I don't understand the instructions for how to
label the variables in the config file, and when I try to run MODE, I get
errors like

ERROR:: process_fcst_obs_files() -> APCP(*,*) not found in file:
../control_18Z-17Z_difference

Please explain to me the changes and how to use MODE v3.0.  Thanks.

Jeff Duda

--
Jeff Duda
Iowa State University