[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #42228] History for Point-Stat questions

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:50:00 MST 2011

MET-Help,

Couple of quick questions for you:

1.  Let's say I have 2-meter (above ground) observations but the WPP has
only given me usable surface values (from the forecasts) --> don't ask me
why but the post-processor is having trouble calculating the 2-meter values
(I'm still investigating that one).  My question is this:

Will Point-Stat have trouble doing the stats because the observations are
at 2-meters and the forecast values are at the model surface?

2.  Also, we discussed using MPR output from Point-Stat as the input to the
Stat-Analysis tool - but isn't the MPR output very large and
space-consuming?  I've got about a month's worth of data at hourly
intervals out to 3.5 days for 00z and 12z cycles.

Thanks,
James