[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #44298] History for WRF MET 3.0 NetCDF/Prepbufr problems

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Feb 23 14:41:31 MST 2011

Dear Help Desk,

I am having two issues with METv3.0.  The first is when I attempt to run PB2NC, either using downloaded PrepBUFR files or using the "test_all.sh" example.  In both cases, I get the error "BUFRLIB: OPENBF - ERROR READING INPUT FILE CONNECTED TO UNIT  11 WHEN CHECKING FOR 'BUFR' IN FIRST 4 BYTES OF RECORD."  MET was compiled on our system using Intel compilers, with and without the "-DBLOCK4" flag, and neither configuration has helped get PB2NC running.  The second is when I attempt to run any of the other programs in MET (e.g., gen_poly_mask, grid_stat, etc.) using a wrfout* file as the input file, it responds back with a message "NetCDF: Attribute not found."  However, when running these programs using the sample data that came with MET, using the "test_all.sh" script, they work fine.  What should I do to resolve these issues?

Thanks,

Elliot Tardif, Meteorologist I
NC DENR, Division of Air Quality
Planning Section, Attainment Planning Branch
1641 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-1641
Phone:  919-715-9773
Fax  :  919-715-7476
Email:  Elliot.Tardif at ncdenr.gov<mailto:Nick.Witcraft at ncdenr.gov>
Web  :  http://www.ncair.org

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.