[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #51923] History for METV3 Issue

Paul Oldenburg via RT met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 14 10:24:48 MST 2011

I have recently been doing some work with WRF and am trying to add the the
model evaluation tools to our standard model verification system.  I
started the process by running the pressure interpolation program on a
single wrfout file, which appeared to finish correctly. I have attached an
ncdump of the file header to this email it is called
wrfout_d02_2011-12-07_00:00:00_PLEV.txt. Then I downloaded a single prebufr
file from an NCEP repository for the time centered on the forecast period
and ran PB2NC and this also appeared to finish correctly and output a
single netcdf file, the header information is also attached (PB2NC.txt).
Then I attempted to run the point stat utility on these two files but the
program errors out telling me that there are more forecast field that
observational fields "ERROR: PointStatConfInfo::process_config() -> The
number fcst_thresh entries provided must match the number of fields
provided in fcst_field.". I ran the following command from the terminal to
run point stat "bin/point_stat wrfout_d02_2011-12-07_00:00:00_PLEV out.nc
PointStatConfig".  I am not sure what the problem is I have red the
documentation and it appears to be setup correctly but I am not completely
sure as I have never used this software before.  What should these namelist
fields look like using 2 netcdf files (1.Forecast 1.Obs), trying to verify
10 meter winds? I appreciate your help!

Also ... I ran the test all scripts after compilation , and the code
completed successfully with no errors.

Thanks ,
Tim