[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #48826] History for alpha in stat_analysis configuration file

RAL HelpDesk {for Paul Oldenburg} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 26 14:57:38 MDT 2011

I am running METv3.0.1 on a 32-bit RHEL5 OS.

I wanted to alert you that the "alpha" variable in the configuration
file for the stat_analysis program does not appear to work as expected.
If I use:
//
// Stratify by the ALPHA column:
// Specify a comma-separated list of alpha values to be used for all
analyses
// performed.  These selections may be further refined using the
"-alpha" job
// command option.
// e.g. alpha[] = [ 0.05 ];
//
alpha[] = [ "0.05" ];
-- or --
alpha[] = [ 0.05 ];

For each case, this gives:
JOB_LIST:       -job summary ... -alpha 0.000000 -line_type CNT -column
RMSE -out_alpha 0.050000

If I specify "-alpha 0.05" in jobs[], then the behavior is as expected:
JOB_LIST:       -job summary ... -alpha 0.050000 -line_type CNT -column
RMSE -out_alpha 0.050000

Best,

Jordan Gerth
CIMSS/SSEC - Madison, WI