[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #41799] History for Mode Poly Issue

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 29 13:53:48 MDT 2010

John and Company, we are using mode to compare several models performance in
handling recent storm.  To keep the comparison fair we are only looking at a
sub region in WRF to match (roughly) the NAM theater.  Using MASK GRID to
subset the data.  However, mode is treating the area excluded as another
object (see the red area surrounding the window)  throwing off the area
calculations.  What setting in the configuration file will solve this
problem.

Thanks

WRF

WRF_slp.bmp