[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #37869] History for Re: Compiling MET

RAL HelpDesk {for Paul Oldenburg} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri May 28 12:37:37 MDT 2010

To create a ticket for Paula...

Subject: Re: [rt.rap.ucar.edu #37869] Re: [Met_help] Compiling MET
From: Paul Oldenburg
Time: Wed May 19 13:59:29 2010

Paula,

It looks like your PGI c++, pgCC, cannot find the basic cmath function
abs.  We
are using PGI compiler version 8, and we see that you are using PGI
version 9.
Are you able to compile a basic program, such as:

#include <iostream.h>
#include <cmath>

main(){
    std::cout << "abs(-1): " << abs(-1) << std::endl;
}

If not, then this is the underlying problem in compiling MET.

Have you tried to build MET using the GNU compilers?  They are freely
distributed and may be easier to use.  We use (and can most easily
provide
support for) GNU version 4.3.2.  If you have any questions, please let
us know.

Thanks,

Paul