[Met_help] Compiling MET

Paula Doubrawa Moreira pmoreira at alaska.edu
Wed May 19 12:03:57 MDT 2010

Hello All,

I'm having trouble compiling MET. I've encountered some errors that I was
able to fix by downloading an earlier netcdf library and recompiling BUFR,
but I can't figure out what this one error means. I would appreciate any
help.

Thank you

*** Making grid_stat application ***

/opt/pgi/linux86/latest/bin/pgCC  -c grid_stat_conf_info.cc -Bstatic   \
    -I../../lib -I/home/pmoreira/usr/include -I/usr/include
"/opt/pgi/linux86/9.0-3/include/CC/cmath", line 56: error: the global scope
          has no "abs"
  using _STLP_VENDOR_CSTD::abs;
                           ^

1 error detected in the compilation of "grid_stat_conf_info.cc".
make[3]: *** [grid_stat_conf_info.o] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [targets] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

There you go my Makefile:

# Path to GNU Make command
MAKE         = /usr/bin/make

# Architecture flags
ARCH_FLAGS   = -DBLOCK4

# Path to the C++ Compiler
# C++ compiler flags
# Any additional required libraries
CXX          = /opt/pgi/linux86/latest/bin/pgCC
CXX_FLAGS    = -Bstatic # -g
CXX_LIBS     =

# Path to the Fortran Compiler
# Fortran compiler flags
# Any additional required libraries
FC           = /opt/pgi/linux86/latest/bin/pgf77
FC_FLAGS     = -Bstatic # -g
FC_LIBS      = -lpgftnrtl -lrt -lpthread

# Make print options
PRINT_OPTS   = --no-print-directory

# Top level directory for the NetCDF library
# NetCDF include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path
# NetCDF library directory specified as: -L/your/library/path
NETCDF_BASE  = /home/pmoreira/usr
NETCDF_INCS  = -I$(NETCDF_BASE)/include
NETCDF_LIBS  = -L$(NETCDF_BASE)/lib

# Top level directory for BUFRLIB
# BUFRLIB include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path
# BUFRLIB library directory specified as: -L/your/library/path
BUFR_BASE    = /home/pmoreira/usr/BUFR
BUFR_INCS    = -I$(BUFR_BASE)
BUFR_LIBS    = -L$(BUFR_BASE)

# Top level directory for the GNU Scientific Library (GSL) if it's not
# installed in a standard location.
# GSL include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path
# GSL library directory specified as: -L/your/library/path
GSL_BASE     = /usr
GSL_INCS     = -I$(GSL_BASE)/include
GSL_LIBS     = -L$(GSL_BASE)/lib

# Top level directory for the F2C or G2C Library if it's not installed in a
# standard location.
# F2C include directory specified as: -I/your/include/path
# F2C library directory containing libf2c.a or libg2c.a and specified as:
# -L/your/library/path
# Name of the library to be used: -lf2c or -lg2c
F2C_BASE     =
F2C_INCS     =
F2C_LIBS     =
F2C_LIBNAME  =

# Optional flags to disable the compilation of MET tools
# Specify a non-zero value to disable the compilation of the tool
DISABLE_PCP_COMBINE   = 0
DISABLE_GEN_POLY_MASK = 0
DISABLE_MODE          = 0
DISABLE_GRID_STAT     = 0