[Met_help] Another Question

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Tue May 18 08:54:34 MDT 2010

Bob,

I'm really surprised that this is taking so long to run.  Typically, MODE-Analysis runs very quickly since it's just a file filtering tool, as I described.

So you're asking about how to specify which MODE output files the MODE-Analysis tool reads.  You can specify those in a couple of ways:
   (1) "-lookin dir" Looks in a directory and searches for all MODE output files.
   (2) "-lookin file" Looks only in that single MODE output file you specify.
   (3) Also, any other thing you pass to MODE-Analysis on the command line, it assumes is a MODE output file to be read.  Therefore, you could run MODE-Analysis like this:
       mode_analysis -bycase -single -simple mode_*20050808_000000V*_obj.txt
       That'd tell MODE-Analysis to read only those MODE output files for that date/time listed.

It would be a good idea to restrict the MODE output files you pass to MODE-Analysis as much as possible.  And it should run faster that way.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

John