[Met_help] MODE NetCDF files and Grads

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Mon May 17 08:14:10 MDT 2010

Jeff,

Unfortunately, no.  I don't have any experience working with GRADS.  I can tell you that you could use ncview and ncdump to inspect the contents of the NetCDF file.  And we do realize that they are
not viewable using other software packages, like Unidata's IDV.  Prior to putting out the next release, which we're currently working on, I'd like to make sure that those NetCDF file are viewable in
IDV.  It's possible that whatever changes are needed for that will enable them to be compatible with GRADS.  But I'm really not sure.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

John