[Met_help] Install failed

Paul Oldenburg pgoldenb at ucar.edu
Wed May 12 09:19:22 MDT 2010

Laura,

The folder shown in the error message in the make_met.log that you sent looks
very strange:

/var/folders/Xx/Xxq0XtVvGCCNmapIJp-5i++++TI/-Tmp-//cctnmBnA.s

It appears to contain invalid path characters.  Can you please re-try to build
MET in a folder that has a standard path name like /var/folders/METv2.0?  The
third party MET support libraries must also be built in folders that MET can access.

Also, can you please send us the version of make that you are using?  That
information can be displayed using the command "make --version".  If you have
any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Paul