[Met_help] Domain Question

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 25 13:34:20 MDT 2010

Bob,

StageIV data is valid over the CONUS and is on a 4km grid: 1121 x 881.  So that's 987,601 grid points.  I assume that when you interpolate StageIV to a global domain, you're coarsening the grid
considerably and you only have 12,639 data points left.  That's probably what's going on.

While what you're doing is fine - interpolating StageIV to a global domain - it's probably causing the MET tools to run slower than they could.  You may want to consider instead interpolating both
your global data and the StageIV data to a CONUS type domain so that the MET tools don't have to read through all that missing data everywhere on the globe other than CONUS.  Just a thought.

John