[Met_help] New MET code for processing ncdf MADIS files

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 4 13:36:58 MST 2010

John,

Ah, yes, I see the bug in GRIB codes you describe on line 85 of madis2nc.cc:
     84 const int   in_windDir_gc        = 31;
     85 const int   in_windSpeed_gc      = 34;

Looks like the wind direction is correct at 31, but the wind speed is wrong and should be set as:
     84 const int   in_windDir_gc        = 31;
     85 const int   in_windSpeed_gc      = 32;

These are actually defined in a MET library: METv2.0/lib/vx_grib_classes/grib_strings.h
So if this tool is compiled as part of MET, we could just use the definitions in there.