[Met_help] METv2 Installation Problem

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Thu Mar 4 12:04:37 MST 2010

Keyur,

The "get_file_type" function is defined in the file "METv2.0/lib/vx_met_util/file_type.cc" as part of the vx_met_util library.

First, try doing a "make clean" followed by a fresh "make", to see if that helps.

If that doesn't help, try running the following command:
   grep get_file_type METv2.0/lib/vx_met_util/file_type.*

Make sure the output looks like this:
   lib/vx_met_util/file_type.cc:FileType get_file_type(const char *filename) {
   lib/vx_met_util/file_type.h:extern FileType get_file_type(const char *);

If it doesn't look like this, then in your editing of files, you've altered the get_file_type function signature.

If it does look like this, then for some reason make is having trouble linking for gen_poly_mask, but that would be pretty weird.  You could try adding "-lvx_met_util" to line 47 of the file
METv2.0/src/gen_poly_mask/Makefile:

   Line 47: -lvx_data_grids -lvx_gnomon -lvx_nav -lvx_cal -lvx_util -lvx_math -lvx_met_util -lm \

Let me know how it goes.

John