[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #38372] History for FW: Format of PrepBuffer Dump

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Wed Jun 9 10:18:01 MDT 2010

John, that helped.  Now I am able to progress to my next error.  In the
config file (attached), I should only be processing ADPSFC data but in the
prepdump directory I get data for ADPUPA (List is below).  Also not the
NVNWIN error.  I was told that the following prepbuffer file is the one to
use: gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr.  Is that true?

Thanks  Bob

pb2nc_wrf
Reading Config File:    /sphome/qcteam/METv2.0/data/config/PB2NCConfig_wrf
Creating NetCDF File:   /h/data/global/WXQC/data/obs_prep/Jun07_2010_00z
Processing PrepBufr File:
/h/data/global/WXQC/data/obs_prep/raw/gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr
Dumping to ASCII output directory:      /sphome/qcteam/prepdump
"dumppb.f", line 79: 1525-126 The file name provided in the OPEN statement
for unit 22 contains a null character.  The program will re cover by using
the file name /h/data/global/WXQC/data/obs_prep/pb2nc_868416_0_blk.pb.

 **************BUFR ARCHIVE LIBRARY ABORT*****************
 BUFRLIB: NVNWIN - THE NUMBER OF EVENTS, NVNWIN (   25) EXCEEDS THE LIMIT,
NMAX (   10)
 **************BUFR ARCHIVE LIBRARY ABORT*****************

ls -l
total 3072
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_ADPSFC.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc          2097152 Jun 07 20:49
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_ADPUPA.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_AIRCAR.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_AIRCFT.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_ERS1DA.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_GOESND.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_GPSIPW.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_MSONET.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_PROFLR.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_QKSWND.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_RASSDA.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_SATEMP.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_SATWND.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_SFCBOG.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_SFCSHP.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_SPSSMI.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_SYNDAT.txt
-rw-rw-r--    1 qcteam   qc                0 Jun 07 20:48
dump_gdas1.t00z.prepbufr.nr_VADWND.txt