[Met_help] MET installation problem

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 18 09:12:40 MST 2010

Litta,

I noticed something right away in the information you sent...  It looks like you're using the wrong compilers.

xlc is a C compiler, and xlC is a C++ compiler.  It's pretty annoying that the only difference is the lower-case vs upper-case letter 'c', but that's the difference between them.  And you should be
using the C++ compiler here.

Try setting:
CXX = /usr/vac/bin/xlC
FC  = /usr/vac/bin/xlf

And then be sure to do a "/path/to/your/make clean" before trying to rebuild.  That should help a lot.