[Met_help] met and WRF/ARW

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Feb 16 14:06:30 MST 2010

Joe,

When running WPP, you can specify the grid onto which you'd like the model
data interpolated.  For more detail than that, let me refer you to:

(1) Chapter 7 of the WRF-NMM users guide which discusses WPP:
http://www.dtcenter.org/wrf-nmm/users/docs/user_guide/V3/users_guide_nmm_chap1-7.pdf

(2) The WRF tutorial slides on WPP:
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/tutorial/201001/2010jan_wpp_joint_tutorial.pdf

When running WPP, you are able to control the levels at which variables
are output by editing the file "wrf_cntrl.parm".  If the vertical levels
available via WPP are not sufficient for your needs, I'd suggest sending a
question to wrfhelp at ucar.edu to find out if there are any work-arounds.