[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #42668] History for queries regarding MODE component of METv3.0 software

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 13 09:04:16 MST 2010

I am a Meteorologist at the India Meteorological Department, New Delhi.
I wish to use the MET software (more specifically the MODE component) to validate the output of the Nowcasting softwares that were operationally run during the Commonwealth Games, 2010 at Delhi. I have the following queries, and will be grateful if you can help in this regard.

1. My data is reflectivity values in a 1 km x 1 km domain over a part of the Indian region. Projection is lat-lon. i checked the link http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/tableb.html
But am unable to decide which of the grids to use. can you please help.

2. I need an example netcdf file of a similar quantity in lat-lon projection that i can input into the MODE software. the examples files provided with the installation package are all in lambert conformal projection. I need a file in whose model i will convert my files, to input into the MODE package.
3. Any other corrections i need to make?

thank you and regards

Dr. Soma Sen Roy
Meteorologist
India Meteorological Department