[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #39786] History for point_stat grib versus >1 point observation

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 13 11:06:12 MDT 2010

I am not sure about how it works the point_stat tool when the obs_file
includes more than 1 point.

I've runned the application with a obs_file (enclosed file) with 2
observation points. But the results obtained in the *cnt.txt output
file only presents results for 1 point (4 lines= 2 varibles(TMP,RH) +
2 interpolation methods). I have verified that the mean OBS value
presented in each line corresponds to the mean of  the first obs point
for the selected time (including the values of the time window defined
with beg_ds and end_ds).

My question is: Do I have to run the point_stat for each observation
point and each time (every 6h for instance)?
If I have obs values every 10minutes do you recommend me some time
window (beg_ds,end_ds)?

Thank you very much,

Laura