[Met_help] [rt.rap.ucar.edu #39601] History for METv3.0

RAL HelpDesk {for John Halley Gotway} met_help at ucar.edu
Tue Aug 3 09:33:36 MDT 2010

What is the expected release of METV3.0 and added capabilities?

Take care,
Joe

Dr. Joseph L. Eastman
Senior Atmospheric Scientist
WindLogics Inc.
201 4th St NW
Grand Rapids, MN
55744

c – 410.279.9702
w – 651.556.4297
jeastman at windlogics.com

Subject: METv3.0
From: John Halley Gotway
Time: Tue Jul 27 12:35:02 2010

Joe,

There was some confusion in our support ticketing system because you
hit "reply to" one of the MET-Help email archive messages.  Since the
title of message you sent already contained a ticket number,
the system thought your question was part of an old exchange.  We got
it figured out, but in the future, please send questions in new
messages rather than replying to old ones.

Regarding the release of METv3.0, we had hoped to release it prior to
the MET summer tutorial - which is at the end of next week.
Unfortunately, we just didn't get it done and tested in time.  So
we'll be using a beta release of METv3.0 at the tutorial.  The major
changes for METv3.0 include the addition of the ensemble_stat tool and
tools for handling WWMCA data from AFWA.  For a more
detailed list, please see the development notes I've attached.

There are two main outstanding issues that we need to resolve prior to
releasing.  First is our support for NetCDF - in particular, we need
to make sure we can read the NetCDF output of the pinterp
tool and allow the other MET tools to read the NetCDF output of the
new ensemble_stat tool.  Second, I want to address the issues you've
raised in the three open MET-Help tickets.  We'll look at how
we handling vertical level matching in the point_stat tool.  We may
have questions for you, but definitely not before the tutorial is
finished at the end next week.

We've revised our target release date to be the end of August.  Sorry
for the delay.

John