[Met_help] MODE and Config file

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 29 11:21:23 MDT 2010

Eric,

It looks like you're trying to run the MODE tool by passing it the Grid-Stat configuration file.  The MODE tool and Grid-Stat tools have separate configuration files.  Please take a look at the
example test scripts that are distributed with the MET tarball.

"METv2.0/scripts/test_mode.sh" shows an example of running MODE several times, and "METv2.0/scripts/test_grid_stat.sh" has examples of running Grid-Stat.  The configuration files used by these test
scripts can be found in the METv2.0/scripts/config directory.

There is no single config file for MET.  Most of the MET tools (PB2NC, Point-Stat, Grid-Stat, MODE, Wavelet-Stat, Stat-Analysis) have their own config file.  And you have to be sure to pass the
correct config file to the tool on the command line.