[Met_help] polyline define

Segayle Thompson walford07 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 12:41:01 MDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to verify APCP (accumulated precip) using Stage IV
observation data, but I seem to be having problems with 2 things.

1) I am trying to create a polyline for my region -so I have a file
with lat and long but when I try to run gen_poly_mask.sh I get an
error that says
ncvardef:ncid 3: Attribute or variable name contains illegal characters

What is causing this error and how do I fix it?

2) The reason I am trying to do an poly_mask is because when I run
grid_stat without it my RMSE values are very high. What could there be
other reasons for this high errors (other than I need to generate my
own poly_mask?)

segayle