[Met_help] Format of PrepBuffer Dump

John Halley Gotway johnhg at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 23 13:49:51 MDT 2010

Bob,

Unfortunately no, we have no documentation on that ASCII dump.  Basically, we used some sample code from NCEP to dump the contents of a PREPBUFR file to ASCII.  They code is contained in the BUFRLIB
user's guide: http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/sib/decoders/BUFRLIB/toc/

We found it to be useful in testing, so we included that functionality in the PB2NC tool itself - primarily for testing purposes.  The file of interest in the PB2NC code that handles this
functionality is: METv2.0/src/pb2nc/dumppb.f

Sorry I can't be of more help.

John