[Met_help] help for installing METv2.0

Paul Oldenburg pgoldenb at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 30 09:05:01 MDT 2009

Feng,

The error messages in make_met.log indicate that the required library
NetCDF cannot be accessed by your c++ compiler, pgCC.  When you compiled
NetCDF, did you use the same pgCC compiler that you are using to compile
MET?  By default, NetCDF will use the GNU compilers.  If NetCDF was not
compiled with the same pgcc/pgCC compilers, this may be causing the
problem.  Please read the instructions for how to compile NetCDF on the
following web page:

http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/compilation/req_libs.php

To compile NetCDF with the pgcc/pgCC compilers, you should set the CC
and CXX environment variables before running the configure script in the
NetCDF source bundle.  e.g.

$ export CC=`which pgcc`
$ export CXX=`which pgCC`
$ ./configure

Then, clean your MET tree and try to rebuild it.  If you have any
questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Paul