[Met_help] help for installing METv2.0

Paul Oldenburg pgoldenb at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 5 08:24:42 MST 2009

Feng,

Sorry it took a while to respond.  I suspect that you have not compiled
the BUFRLIB in the way that MET is expecting.  To confirm this, can you
please run the following command and send me the resulting file, nm.out?

nm libbufr.a >& nm.out

The error messages in your most recent make_met.log are sometimes caused
by compiling the BUFRLIB without using the -DUNDERSCORE compiler flag.
Did you use the following commands to compile BUFRLIB?  If not, then
please try to do so.

(in the BUFRLIB folder)
rm *.o *.a
pgcc -c -DUNDERSCORE *.c
pgf77 -c -DUNDERSCORE -Mnosecond_underscore *.f *.F
ar crv libbufr.a *.o

These are taken from the following URL, which has instructions for
compiling all the MET libraries:

http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/compilation/req_libs.php

Please let me know if there are any more problems compiling MET.  Thanks,

Paul