[Met_help] Using RT for MET-Help

Stephen Dowdy sdowdy at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 4 09:50:20 MST 2009

John Halley Gotway wrote, On 10/07/2009 12:24 PM:
> Stephen,
>
> I talked to you a while back about setting up RT to be used in the DTC for handling MET-Help and GSI-Help support questions.  I believe that you were in the process of upgrading RT to a more recent
> version that would include some significant changes.  And we decided to wait until that transition was complete.
>
> I'm just writing to check in to find out where you are with that?  Has the upgrade been completed?  Are we ready to set up MET-Help and GSI-Help through RT yet?  If not, can you give me an idea of
> when?  We're not in a big rush, but we would like to start using RT in the next month or two.

I'm probably not going to get the new RT deployed until December,
unless an urgent project i'm working on right now goes more
smoothly than i expect.

I leave it to you to decide if you want to start using it on
the old system before then, since i can manage to setup the
config for that relatively quickly.  I believe i may have
sent you a list of things to be thinking of previously for
the configuration:

   Administrative Contacts
   List of people that can "Own" tickets
   Name for list/Queue.

Let me know, and feel free to keep bugging me.

--stephen

--
Stephen Dowdy  -  Systems Administrator  -  NCAR/RAL
303.497.2869   -  sdowdy at ucar.edu        -  http://www.ral.ucar.edu/~sdowdy/