[Met_help] MODE Advice: [Fwd: Re: Measuring model skill in mode_analysis]

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed May 13 11:36:03 MDT 2009

Jonathan and Barb,

As of METv2.0, the MMI, MMIF, and MMIO values are being written on the first page of the MODE PostScript output in the bottom-middle of the page.  But they are not dumped out in the any of the ASCII
output files.

The MODE-Analysis tool does not currently compute MMI directly.  However, we have posted an Rscript to the MET website that will compute MMI (as well as other summary info):
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/Rscripts/mode_summary.R

This Rscript may be run on the output of one or more MODE runs.

John