[Met_help] The GRIB file

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue May 5 06:36:02 MDT 2009

Xubin,

I received the file and was able to run it through PCP-Combine without any problems.

It appears that the problem is just that you're passing the wrong file name to the tool.  The file you sent me is named "WRFPRS_d01.006" in all capital letters.  However, the error message you're
seeing is about this file name "wrfprs_d01.006" in all lower-case letters.  Since filenames in Linux are case sensitive, that won't work.  You need to pass the correct filename on the command line to
the MET tools.

Try correcting the filename by using "WRFPRS_d01.006" and hopefully that'll do the trick for you.

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu