[Met_help] Error compiling METv1.1 - > pb2nc application

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Mar 26 11:04:19 MDT 2009

Luis,

OK, I think I've figured it out.  And really it's not anything you're doing wrong.  It's our fault.
It is a problem in your build of BUFRLIB.  Two of the Fortran files in BUFRLIB that were supposed to be built, were not actually getting built.

For some reason, the version of BUFRLIB to which we point users has changed.  Two of the files have been renamed:
- From "irev.f" to "irev.F"
- From "wrdlen.f" to "wrdlen.F"

When we build BUFRLIB using "*.f", it's missing those file that end in ".F".

This is the first I've heard of this change.  Please try rebuilding your BUFRLIB one more time using the following 3 commands (note the addition of the *.F):
      pgcc -c -DUNDERSCORE *.c
      pgf77 -c -DUNDERSCORE -Mnosecond_underscore *.f *.F
      ar crv libbufr.a *.o

And then try rebuilding MET.  Please let me know if that fixes the problem.

We'll need to update our build instructions for users to accommodate this change.

Thanks for helping to uncover this issue!

John