[Met_help] binary for linux

Theo Carter theocarter2911 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:30:11 MDT 2009

Hi,

I wonder if you are able to help me or point me in the right direction, I am
an operational forecaster at the Dubai Int. Airport, and have been tasked
with evaluating the output from our WRF ARW model (which was built and
supplied by a private firm..). I would like, if possible, to skip the how to
build a package on linux bit and try and obtain a binary of the MET tools
program that has all the dependancies statically linked already in an
executable which I can then install and run on Fedora 10 or whatever. Who
can I speak to about this? I am sure someone has already built it, or would
find it a very short job to do so.

Then I can rather learn how to use the program itself, which appears
non-trivial.

I have read through the user's manual and have had a preliminary go at
building the necessary other parts, and it looks like a dependancy "hell"
program to build. (I  have built WRF in NMM and in ARW before on linux - so
I know how much time is spend just on getting the various dependancies and
compiler problems sorted).

Thanks kindly,
Theo Carter

I apologize if this sounds too moany - I have just spent so much time on
building and getting WRFrunning, that I am almost gunshy at trying to build
this one now.. But it has to be done one way or the other.