[Met_help] (no subject)

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Jul 28 08:28:07 MDT 2009

D. Srinivas,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Thanks for sending your Makefile and the "make_met.log" file.  It appears that you're having trouble linking to the NetCDF library.  It may be the case that the version of NetCDF in
/home/mm5/softwares/netcdf-3.6.2 was not built with the same version of the PGI compilers you're using.  I'd suggest rebuilding NetCDF using the PGI version 7.0-7 compilers you're using to build MET.

Please refer to instructions on compiling NetCDF for use with MET listed here (Look for the section on "Compiling NetCDF"):
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/compilation/req_libs.php

Before running the NetCDF configure script, be sure to set...
CC  to /opt/pgi/linux86-64/7.0-7/bin/pgcc
CXX to /opt/pgi/linux86-64/7.0-7/bin/pgCC

That tells NetCDF which compilers to use for compiling NetCDF.  Once you rebuild NetCDF, try recompiling MET.

johnhg at ucar.edu