[Met_help] PB2NC config file

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Jul 14 10:18:06 MDT 2009

Ruifang,

Sorry about that, I forgot the attachment.  It's attached now.

You're right that you could use a polyline to define the masking region for the observations you'd like to retain.  But to answer you question, does G181 = CAR.poly?  I'd say the answer is NO.

Look in the file "METv2.0/data/poly/ncep_vx_regions.pdf", at the region marked "CAR".  I'm sure that doesn't line up exactly with NCEP Grid 181, although I can't find a plot of Grid 181 right now.

You can do the masking with a grid or a polyline, whichever you prefer.