[Met_help] PB2NC config file

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Jul 14 06:37:57 MDT 2009

Hello,

You raise a good point.  Here's the webpage from which we originally extracted the grid definitions: http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/docs/on388/tableb.html

I see that the information on there was updated on 9/15/2008, and that the changes are listed in red, including the addition of grid #181.  This will require some code changes to grab all of these
updated grid definitions.  In the meantime, I've modified the file "METv2.0/lib/vx_data_grids/grid_defs.f" to add NCEP Grid 181 to the list of definitions.  Please try replacing your original version
of the file with the attached one, and then recompile MET being sure to do a "make clean" first.  Please let me know if you have any troubles using grid #181 after recompiling.

When I get a chance sometime over the next month, I'll update that file "METv2.0/lib/vx_data_grids/grid_defs.f" with all of the changes and post it to the MET website.

Thanks for raising this issue!

John Halley Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu