[Met_help] stat_analysis and wind speed

Phillip Spencer pspencer at wdtinc.com
Wed Jul 8 14:50:24 MDT 2009

Hi.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to run stat_analysis to verify wind speed.

Our point_stat config file contains fcst_field[] = ["TMP/Z002", "DPT/Z002", "UGRD/Z010", "VGRD/Z010"].

I'm having no problems using stat_analysis on TMP and DPT and I used your documentation to use "-line_type VL1L2 -out_line_type WDIR" to verify the wind direction, but how to I verify wind speed? [I don't have variable WIND in my GRIB files--Do I need it?]

Do I use a "-job summary" or a "-job aggregate_stat" or something else? Do I use "line_type CNT"?

Would you please email a sample command line:

            stat_analysis -lookin ./ -out stat_analysis.out -dump_row dump_row.out [PLEASE HELP HERE...]

Thanks for your help.

Phillip Spencer
Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
Norman, OK