[Met_help] Compiling METv2.0

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Mon Jul 6 10:49:45 MDT 2009

Ed,

Thanks for sending the MET compilation log.  It makes it a lot easier to diagnose the problem.

You should be using a Fortan-77 compiler instead of a Fortran-90 compiler.  So in the top-level MET Makefile, try setting "FC" to the "pgf77" compiler.  Also, you'll need to recompile BUFRLIB using
the same "pgf77" compiler.  You could use the following 3 commands to compile BUFRLIB:

   pgcc -c -DUNDERSCORE *.c
   pgf77 -c -DUNDERSCORE -Mnosecond_underscore *.f *.F
   ar crv libbufr.a *.o

These are taken from the METv2.0 online tutorial: http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/compilation/req_libs.php

I've compiled MET using PGI versions 6 and 7, but not version 8 - to which we don't have access yet.  I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Thanks and good luck,
John Halley Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu