[Met_help] PointStatConfig syntax error

Ann L Mazuk Ann.L.Mazuk at aero.org
Fri Aug 14 15:38:37 MDT 2009

Here are my settings in PointStatConfig:

mask_grid[] = ["FULL"]
mask_poly[] = [];
mask_sid = "";

and I have also tried:

mask_grid[] = ["FULL"]
mask_poly = "";
mask_sid = "";

Either way, I get that error message I first reported.

John Halley Gotway <johnhg at rap.ucar.edu>
Sent by: met_help-bounces at mailman.ucar.edu
08/14/09 11:15 AM

Ann L Mazuk <Ann.L.Mazuk at aero.org>
cc
met_help <met_help at ucar.edu>
Subject
Re: [Met_help] PointStatConfig syntax error

Ann,

You should be able to set:
mask_poly[] = [];

Let me know if that doesn't work.  Do keep in mind that you need to choose
at least one masking region over which to accumulate statistics.  So that
means, you need to select at least one thing in
"mask_grid", "mask_poly", or "mask_sid".  If you'd like to verify over the
whole domain, set:
mask_grid[] = ["FULL"];

Regarding the config file GUI, it's still pretty new, and we just haven't
gotten around to putting a link on the MET website yet.  But we'll put it
up there.  Thanks for the reminder!

Just let us know if you continue to have problems setting the masking
region.  And be sure that you're using the version of the config files
distributed with METv2.0.  The config files are not
backward compatible.

http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/point_stat/PointStatConfig_default