[Met_help] PointStatConfig syntax error

Ann L Mazuk Ann.L.Mazuk at aero.org
Fri Aug 14 10:24:28 MDT 2009

Thanks for the quick reply, John.  What if I don't want to set a masking
polygon?  Is it required that I set a masking polygon?  I did not want to
specify anything, which is why I was trying to set it to blank.  This
seemed to work in v1.1, but not in v2.0.

Ann

"John Halley Gotway" <johnhg at rap.ucar.edu>
Sent by: met_help-bounces at mailman.ucar.edu
08/13/09 09:03 PM

Ann L Mazuk <Ann.L.Mazuk at aero.org>
cc
met_help at ucar.edu
Subject
Re: [Met_help] PointStatConfig syntax error

Ann,

Here's a link to a Point-Stat configuration file from the METv2.0 Online
Tutorial:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/online_tutorial/METv2.0/point_stat/PointStatConfig_default

In there you'll see that it should look something like this:
mask_poly[] = [ "MET_BASE/data/poly/EAST.poly",
"MET_BASE/data/poly/WEST.poly" ];

The '[]' after the 'mask_poly' tells the parser that an array of items is
to follow.  The array elements should be comma-separated.

Let me know if you continue to have problems with this.

johnhg at ucar.edu