[Met_help] IDL Scripts

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Apr 2 07:10:11 MDT 2009

Ann,

The only sample post-processing scripts we have available are those posted on this page:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/downloads/analysis_scripts.php

We've only recently begun gathering submissions from users for posting analysis/plotting scripts to the MET website.  To date, we've only received 2 such submissions from users which we'll be posting
in the coming weeks.  But neither are in IDL.  To be honest, unless we receive submissions of IDL scripts from users, it's not likely that we'll develop and post any here.  We currently have very
little IDL experience on the MET development team, while we do have a great deal of experience using R.  Therefore, the analysis/plotting scripts we develop here will most likely be in R.

If you do write some IDL scripts to analyze/plot the MET output stats, please do consider submitting them to us.  We'll be happy to post them to the MET website for other users to take advantage of.

Thanks and feel free to write with any other questions that come up during your use of MET.

John Halley Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu