[Met_help] Question about MET grids

Daniel Schaffer Daniel.S.Schaffer at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 10 10:56:39 MDT 2008

grid_stat seems to require that we specify a grid upon which the data reside.  Unfortunately, our particular grid is not one of the NCEP available grids.  I have already figured out how to add my own grid and it's fairly trivial.  Still, I wonder if I really need to go through that hoop.  And, of course, every time I take a new version of MET, I have to make that code change again.  For our case, it really doesn't matter what grid the forecast and obs are on, so long as it's the same, since we are just computing counts.  Am I right that we must specify a grid?  If so, why?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Schaffer, Research Associate            e-mail: Daniel.S.Schaffer at noaa.gov
NOAA/OAR/Earth System Research Lab         phone:  (303) 497-7252
Aviation Branch                             fax:    (303) 497-6301
R/GSD5   325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80305

www-ad.fsl.noaa.gov/ac/schaffer.html