[Met_help] More MET questions

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Thu Oct 23 10:40:36 MDT 2008

Dan,

Wow, that does take a long time to parse that NEVS polyline mask with 3698 points in it.  I've added a task to our list for METv2.0 to support pre-computed masking regions in NetCDF format.  And we'll
plan to include a tool to create that mask file from a polyline file and a forecast file (from which we'll extract the grid info).  Thanks for pointing this issue out.  I think it's a really good idea.

Then I ran Grid-Stat over the whole domain and found that we're using 1,679,940 matched pairs.  And I'm seeing the exact same GSL error message you're seeing.  When I run over a smaller domain
(consisting of 391,294 points), it runs fine.  So I'm sure it has something to do with handling that large of a number of matched pairs.  I'll try to figure it out.