[Met_help] Installation Problem

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Mar 7 14:16:20 MST 2008

Kumar,

Great!  We're almost there.  Since you rebuilt NetCDF and it worked, I'd say that there must have been a problem with that old NetCDF build.

As for the error message you're getting from the "vx_met_util" library, please refer to the METv1.0 known issues page:
http://www.dtcenter.org/met/users/support/known_issues/METv1.0/METv1.0_known_issues.php

And on that page, please see the issue titled "Compilation Error in the vx_met_util Library".

I'm guessing that will solve this problem.  In fact, I recommend that you perform all of the recommended updates to your build which are listed at the top of the known issues page in the section
titled "Summary of Recommended Updates".

Once you update your MET build, do a "make clean" and rebuild MET.

Please let me know how it goes.  I'd like to know when you're able to build MET successfully so I can keep our user info up to date.