[Met_help] Re: MET compile issues with Mac OS X

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Tue Jun 24 22:23:39 MDT 2008

Jeremy,

A co-worker of mine actually did have some limited success compiling MET
on a Mac.  She was using the GNU compilers.  She got most of MET to
compile I believe, other than the PB2NC tool - which links to the FORTRAN
BUFRLIB library.

So you may be able to run everything other than PB2NC.  However, I haven't
worked directly on this to date, so there will likely be issues along the
way.

For this particular error, the C++ compiler can't find the include file
"netcdf.hh".  It's looking in the directory specified in the Makefile for
NETCDF_INCS: /usr/local/netcdf/include
If the "netcdf.hh" file isn't there, perhaps your version of NetCDF wasn't
built with C++ support?  Try looking for that include file on your
machine.  If it's not there, you'll need to rebuild NetCDF with the C++
interface.

I'm not sure what compiler you're using, but if possible, I'd recommend
the GNU g++ (C++ compiler) and g77 (Fortran-77) or gfortran compilers -
since we've had success with them.

Good luck.

John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu