[Met_help] MET v1.1 test case error

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Jul 16 08:49:51 MDT 2008

Steve,

Thanks for the info.

Have you tried running the cwordsh tool (http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/sib/decoders/BUFRLIB/toc/cwordsh/) to "unblock" the file, and then "reblock" it?

For example, the following commands in a C-Shell would do that:

cd METv1.1
foreach file (`ls data/sample_obs/prepbufr/* | cut -d' ' -f9`)
    /path/to/cwordsh unblk ${file} ~/tmp.unblk
    /path/to/cwordsh block ~/tmp.unblk ${file}
end
rm ~/tmp.unblk

Where "/path/to/cwordsh" points to your version of cwordsh.

We're still trying to figure out all of the variants with these PREPBUFR files.  If unblocking and then reblocking the PREPBUFR files doesn't work, then we should include the unblocked files in the
sample data.

Please let me know how it goes.  And if you have any questions, we can talk this afternoon after the MET presentation.

Thanks,
John Halley-Gotway
johnhg at ucar.edu