[Met_help] Re: Install Met on GALE

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Wed Jul 2 11:49:53 MDT 2008

Erik,

I went ahead and installed the latest version of MET up on the supers this morning.  And it was a good thing I did because I found that a compiler flag was missing in one of the Makefiles.  So I fixed
that and updated the beta release from METv1.1beta8 to METv1.1beta9.  I put the latest version on that ftp site as well.

You can find the latest version of MET up there in...
bluevista: /blhome/johnhg/MET_releases/METv1.1beta9
bluefire: /homebv/johnhg/MET_releases/METv1.1beta9

All of the tools work up there now.  You're welcome to run them up there, or copy them over to some other directory.

FYI, I've attached a text file listing out the exact steps I used to build MET and it's required libraries/tools up on bluefire.

John