[Met_help] MET on linux

Erik Noble enoble at giss.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 22 10:27:31 MST 2008

Hmmm.......I am trying to first set up the WRF Post processor before
attempting to set up the MET software.
All I have is : GCC, G++, Gfortran, f95, and f77, netcdf and ncl

I run WRF on another machine (AIX and MAC). My plan was to just move
the model data over to the linux machine once it is created so that I
could analyze it with the MET software.

Now the WRF Post processor is asking for my "WRF model source code
path."  I don't have WRF on the linux machine because I didn't know
you could compile the WRF-ARW on the linux with only the GNU compilers
I have listed above. Am I wrong about this. What did you compile your
WRF-ARW code with? Maybe I should floow suit.
-Erik