[Met_help] Re: Re: MET V1.0 COMPILING BUG

John Halley Gotway johnhg at rap.ucar.edu
Fri Feb 8 07:42:23 MST 2008

Tang Jie,

I have another idea.  We're working on the next version of MET (version
1.1) right now.  I do have a beta version of that release ready that
includes some changes in which you'd be interested.

In particular, a new tool, ASCII2NC reformats ASCII point observations to
the intermediate NetCDF format.  I could send you this new release and
have you test it out on your data.  So you'll need to reformat your CMA
observations into this ASCII format and then run them through ASCII2NC.

Since this is only a beta release, we haven't tested it thoroughly, and we
haven't updated the MET User's Guide with the changes yet.

But if you'd like to try this out.  Here's what you need to know.

You can access the new code from:
ftp.rap.ucar.edu/incoming/irap/johnhg/METv1.1beta.20080206.tar.gz

For a short description of the expected ASCII format, just type ./ascii2nc
to get the usage statement.  And please use METv1.1beta all by itself.
Don't mix components of METv1.0 with METv1.1beta.

The following changes are included in this beta version:
- PB2NC
    - Add the ability to process multiple PREPBUFR file at one time.
- ASCII2NC
    - Add new tool for converting ASCII observations to NetCDF for input into
      Point-Stat.
- PCP-Combine
    - Add "-subtract" and "-add" command line options to compute differences
      of accumulation intervals rather than just sums.
    - Add "-gc" command line option to allow the user to specify which grib
      code to use.
- Point-Stat
    - Add the ability to dump out the matched pair data directly to ASCII
      and VSDB files.
- Grid-Stat
    - Update to read NetCDF output of PCP-Combine
- MODE
    - Update to read NetCDF output of PCP-Combine

Please let me know if you run into any problems or have suggestions for
changes.

Good luck,
John